I’m planning to host my own blog but I’m having hard time selecting the best and value-for-money web hosting company. I’ve read reviews, done comparison and asked around, but I’m still undecided on which web hosting company I can count on.
When you are just starting out in publishing your first ever self-hosted blog online, it’s normal that you are confused on choosing which is the best hosting provider for you. One wrong decision makes everything difficult and complicated. That’s why first, you need to understand your needs. Use the checklist below to identify what kind of hosting will be suitable for you.
Your Hosting Requirements Checklist
- What is the purpose of your website? If you want to host for your business, you should go with a business strength hosting. Personal website or blog require less resources thus cheaper. If you are a web designer with many clients, get a reseller plan.
- How many visitors will you have initially? Most new websites will not have that many hits initially, so even the lowest level hosting plans offered by most companies should be sufficient. You also want to consider future upgrade possibilities in a hosting plan.
- How many domains are you hosting? If you are hosting more than one domain, you should go with a plan with multi domain hosting capability. Do you need a cPanel for each domain? Web designers may want to let each of their client to have own FTP/cPanel access thus a reseller hosting plan is more suited.
After identifying your web hosting requirements you can then find a web hosting provider that will meet or exceeds your hosting requirements. However, you need to be cautious in picking the best hosting company for you. Review carefully their reputation, features and prices so that you won’t have any regrets at the end.
Before we answer the above question, let us review the 7 things to look for in a good web hosting. An excellent hosting:
- has excellent Live Chat support and rated at least A+ by Better Business Bureau (BBB),
- gives unlimited storage,
- offers no limit on bandwidth,
- gives multiple add-on domains,
- has easy-to-use Site Builder,
- has Fantastico and QuickInstall to quickly install apps like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, OSCommerce, ZenCart and more
- can be easily upgraded to VPS or one of the cheap dedicated server plans if and when your business require.
Most Recommended Web Host
Answering the above question, more than 80% of experienced Webmasters recommend to try Hostgator. If you need an “unlimited” hosting plan, experts usually highly recommend going with Hostgator because they are the best best domain hosting around.
What if you find out that Hostgator sucks after you signed up with them? HG has an amazingly long, 45 days money back guarantee so you have ample time to test them out. They are rated A+ by Better Business Bureau which shows their commitment to customer satisfaction. You also do not have to pay for the first month. You can just try their fully functional hosting service – you pay only $0.01 (you need to use the special coupon code). Do you know any other hosting company that can give you that kind of assurance? Anybody can grab an account from Hostgator for almost FREE.
How to Get an Unlimited Hosting Plan for Only 1 Cent
Click the coupon below try Hostgator cPanel hosting for almost free. If you already know that Hostgator is what you want, you can even save 25% off the normal price with the Hostgator coupons 2013 below.
Why You May Want to Avoid Hostgator
To be honest, no web hosting service is perfect. Drawback of Hostgator includes:
- No free domain name – but you can easily get a domain name from the best domain registrar such as Godaddy or Namecheap for $10 or less. That is fairly cheap considering a domain name costs no more than a few cups of coffee.
- You need to pay full price after your first invoice – well, they need to make money too and all the support and great service do come with a cost
If you are still not sure if HG is right for you, or you have specific query about anything at all, try the Live Chat at HG. They are fast and knowledgeable. Just shoot them some questions before you decide.
More than 7 million site owners depend on Hostgator for their hosting need.
HostGator is having a 20% off sale right now but we have got a better deal for you. Just enter WEBTEMPLATE in the coupon code field when you buy any HostGator hosting plan and you’ll get it for 25% off!