It is not your fault you got confused. You probably already know that choosing the wrong website hosting plan can be detrimental to your business.
-Would prefer free, but I eventually want my own domain name which I’m sure will need purchasing.
-Large theme selection, highly customizable without tech-talk or HTML code… I just don’t have the time or patience to learn how to use that!
-I want it to look fairly professional but not “stuffy”; I want a modern, hip, clean edge to it.
-It has to have high-quality photo viewing (obviously), and be QUICK to upload and be able to support a large amount of pictures.
-Has to support many subpages.
-Photo-based rather than in a blog-style.
-Optional, but preferred; has a tagging system so my photos can be searched for through my site.
I’m quite picky, I know. But if I’m going to ask instead of websurf, might as well try to get what I’m looking for!
I started using moonfruit.com and I thought I had the website of my dreams until I tried uploading pictures… it’s very, very, VERY slow, and could only have like 10 photos up at a time! So I’m on the hunt for a new site…
If you use moonfruit and know that upgrading will fix those problems, please let me know.
For an example of what I would like my site to look like:
I am 17 and an aspiring photographer; the website is to be used a showcase/portfolio of my work, not for selling or business exactly (yet!). If that helps narrow it down further. ^^
Thank you very much to the answers I’ve already received, I’ll take a look at the suggestions right away.
Answer: If you want to showcase your photos, what you need is a website. A content management system like Wordpess can cater your needs. Although it is also for blogging, but they also have themes and plugins specifically for showcasing photos.
Exactly what is a PhotoBlog
A photoblog (or photolog, or phlog) is really a type of photo discussing and posting within the structure as being a blog. It’s totally different from your website while using predominant use of and dedicated to photographs rather than text. Photoblogging signifies the act the posting photos for any photoblog.
Benefits of Photoblog
1. Showcase your photos.
2. People can follow how good you are advancing.
3. Your website may may serve as your portfolio if you submit an application for jobs later.
4. You’ll be able to gather some fans and monetize your website later.
Developing a Photo Blog
Photoblog might be effectively completed by Cms (Content management systems) like WordPress. WordPress is simple and typically the most popular blogging and cms used today. Due to its user-friendly interface, plug inches and designs that can be used, it’s the best tools to make a photoblog.
1. Your Domain Title. Your domain title can offer the identification for the website. You’ll be able to freely register your domain names at Namecheap or maybe a any best domain registrar available.
2. Your Online Host. Your website is not complete if you cannot publish it on the internet. WordPress is unquestionably install in your server through auto-installer like Fantastico and InstallCentral. It’s highly recommended you are trying the trustworthy internet hosting companies.
Now let us review the 10 important qualities to find in a quality web hosting. An outstanding web host:
- lets you try their service for free or at super low price,
- has friendly Live Chat available 24/7 so it does not matter where you are in the world,
- gives huge webspace at no extra cost,
- offers more than enough bandwidth at no extra cost,
- can be easily upgraded to VPS or one of the cheapest dedicated server plans if and when your business require.
- gives unlimited add-on domains,
- has excellent support and rated at least A+ by Better Business Bureau (BBB),
- has at least 30 days money back guarantee,
- has easy-to-use Site Builder for quick website creation,
- has Fantastico and QuickInstall to quickly install apps like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, OSCommerce, ZenCart and more,
The Hostgator reviews will tell you that HG has an amazingly long, 45 days money back guarantee so you have ample time to test them out. They are rated A+ by Better Business Bureau which shows their commitment to customer satisfaction. You also do not have to pay for the first month. You can just try their fully functional hosting service – you pay only $0.01 (you need to use the exclusive Hostgator coupons 2013). Do you know any other hosting company that believe in themselves so much they can give you that kind of assurance? Anybody can grab an account from Hostgator for almost FREE.
Best Hostgator Coupons
Click the coupon below try Hostgator cPanel hosting for almost free. If you already know that Hostgator is what you want, you can even save 25% off the normal price.
Hostgator Compared with Other Web Hosts
No web hosting service is perfect. If you compare Hostgator with other hosts, they do not offer some things these companies offer:
- Free domain name – but you can easily get a domain name from the best domain registrar such as Godaddy or Namecheap for $10 or less. Do not forget that it is a hassle to take the free domain name you receive at a web host and move it to another host.
- You need to pay full price after your first invoice – you do not expect such great service and support at $0.01 forever, do you? Hostgator is not one of those free hosting service. It is like they say, you get what you pay for.
If you are unsure if HG can meet your needs, or you have specific question about something, try the Live Chat at HG. They are friendly, fast and knowledgeable. They are available for sales, billing or even technical support for 24/7 at no extra charge.
3. Theme Styles. If you are interested round the unique layout for your website, you can buy a. enjoyable searching theme for your website at Woothemes.com. You might have advantage within the free styles. What’s important is there’s a trusted webhost.